Central and Wolfe Office Campus — Sunnyvale
San Francisco-based developer Jay Paul Company is building a 777,000 square foot office development at the intersection of Central Expressway and Wolfe Road in Sunnyvale, which is designed in the shape of a three-leaf clover. The campus’ three connected main 6-story buildings (4-stories of office space over 2-stories of podium parking) will protrude from a central courtyard, wrapped in a sweeping, curvilinear glass skin that appears to billow in and out. Park-like greenery will surround the site. A 5-story parking structure and a 1-story amenities building are also being constructed. Jay Paul Company hired Level 10 Construction as the General Contractor and Cornerstone Earth Group as the Geotechnical Engineer.
Cornerstone’s Value Added Benefits:
- Provided foundation alternatives to help save construction costs.
- Provided ground improvement recommendations to economically mitigate and reduce impacts from potentially significant consolidation/static and liquefaction induced settlement.
- Performed in-situ field density testing of undocumented fill to minimize over-excavation and re-compaction.
- Provided staffing for an expedited construction schedule.
- Presented cost-effective field solutions (e.g. stabilization fabric, lime treatment, etc.) during construction to address construction challenges, including mitigation of unstable pavement subgrades, shallow ground water, and saturated soils.
- Provided options to reuse on-site materials such as recycled asphalt concrete pavement and aggregate base, and crushed Portland cement concrete.