Ameswell Mountain View, 750, 780, 800 Moffett Boulevard — Mountain View, CA
The Ameswell Mountain View is a hotel and office development awarded to Broadreach Capital Partners by the Mountain View City Council in 2014 after a highly competitive selection process. The development, currently under construction, will include:
- A LEED Platinum 5-story at-grade office building (217,000 square feet) with a roof deck, outdoor courtyard and an adjacent 2½ acre park;
- A 5-story modern luxury hotel (255 rooms and 170,000 square feet) with a destination restaurant, event space, swimming pool, and a fitness center; and
- A 6-tier parking structure.
The off-property improvements include constructing a bicycle/pedestrian bridge over Stevens Creek, re-routing storm water runoff across Moffett Boulevard to the southeast cloverleaf of the US 101/Moffett Boulevard interchange, and constructing a screening wall on the adjacent PG&E property.
Broadreach Capital Partners retained Cornerstone Earth Group, Inc. to provide environmental and geotechnical engineering services. The design team also consisted of WRNS Studio, Project Architect, and RYS Architects, Hotel Architect, to meet the construction requirements of Broadreach.
Cornerstone worked with Broadreach to design a vapor barrier system underneath building slabs to effectively eliminate vapor intrusion concerns (the movement of chemical vapors from contaminated ground water or soil into a nearby building), resulting in the safest possible indoor air quality for future occupants.
Cornerstone’s Value-Added Benefits:
- Evaluated pile load test data on test piles to reduce the number and length of piles.
- Selected augercast pressure grouted displacement (APGD) piles to lower noise and vibration during installation (as compared to conventional driven piles); to minimize the generation of soil spoils; and to virtually eliminate the potential for downward migration of contaminated ground water.
- Provided a mat foundation alternative for the hotel to save construction costs.
- Coordinated with the U.S. EPA in Site development activities.