DaVita Medical Office Building — Palmdale, CA
Meridian Property Company, a full-service real estate developer having completed over one million square feet of innovative and integrated commercial office (primarily medical), acquired the Sierra Pelona Medical Center in Palmdale with the intention to reposition it to a thriving medical campus complementing its neighbor, Palmdale Regional Medical Center. Meridian Property Company retained Cornerstone Earth Group to provide geotechnical engineering and construction services for an approximately 14,000 square foot, single-story, medical office building at the Sierra Pelona Medical Center. Cornerstone Earth Group also recently provided similar services for Meridian Property Company's medical buildings located on West El Camino Real in Mountain View (8,600 square feet), on West MacArthur Boulevard in Oakland (20,600 square feet), and on Broadway in Oakland (22,700 square feet).
Cornerstone's Value Added Benefits:
- Provided several foundation alternatives to help save construction costs.
- Performed in-situ field density testing of undocumented fill to minimize over-excavation and re-compaction.
- Provided staffing for an expedited construction schedule.
- Presented cost-effective field solutions when construction grading challenges were encountered.
- Provided weekly project status report for tracking schedule and budget.