Entry to Mid-Level Environmental Staff Geologist or Engineer
Immediate opening for an entry level staff geologist or engineer in our Environmental Group in our Walnut Creek office. This professional must be passionate about quality and customer service with outstanding interpersonal, motivational and leadership abilities. Other key qualities include strong technical strengths; ability to listen, learn and improve; and must be analytical, articulate and diligent.
You will be responsible for field, and office duties, including performing site observation, sample collection, and subcontractor oversight. With direction and support from Cornerstone's Project Managers and Principals and upon demonstrating excellent work performance, you also will be given opportunities to assist in project cost estimates, proposals, reports, and other technical correspondence.
- Entry level to 5 years of local experience
- Excellent written and strong communication skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology
- Driver's license verification required; must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Cornerstone's driving policy
This position is in our Walnut Creek, CA office.
Cornerstone Earth Group provides an ideal environment for people to train and grow in their professional and personal lives by providing a supportive work environment, flexible work hours, career path options, continuous training and mentoring, challenging projects, leadership opportunities, team interaction, excellent benefits, and an outright fun atmosphere.
Cornerstone is a private company that believes it's greatest asset is its staff. We support our employees' growth with financial support for education, associations, training, licensing, personal equipment, state of the art software and tools, design guidelines and training tools, and in many other ways. We believe that people that have fun together will also have fun working together. Get together with us at special events, softball league, team meetings, company-sponsored summer barbeques, or on the road, the trail, the mountain, or the waves, and see how much fun we have!
We support our employees with:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Options
- 401k Company Contributions and Profit Sharing
- Semi-Annual Performance Bonuses
- Reimbursed Licensing Fees
- Professional Meetings and Association Dues
- Education Support
- Training and Mentoring
- Design Guidelines
- IT Support
- Laptop Computers
- Cell Phones / Smart Phones / Tablets
- Health and Safety Training
- Fleet of Field Vehicles
Relocation expenses are not provided.
For immediate consideration, email your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.